Pages

20 March 2012

the dinosaur

You know what we called my little brother when he was little?    Babe-er-shi-momp-shi-gen


Well, that's how we said it, we never spelled it and for some reason that name has stuck in my head all these  years.


He is the boy, the baby, the youngest after us three sisters. And we did baby him. We tucked him under the covers  in our doll's bed. He crawled around the floor playing the baby in our make-believe home... until he got old enough to say "I want to be the dinosaur!"

3 comments:

  1. I have some weird recollection of V explaining to me that the name you had for me came from some Hungarian war hero. Could that possibly be true?

    I think it may have been one of those vivid dreams that I mistake sometimes for real memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard about that. We'll have to get V's recollection of that. In the meantime i may do a google search.

      Delete
    2. I found this guy, but he's from Nepal

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baber_Shamsher_Jang_Bahadur_Rana

      Delete