Pages

07 March 2012

birth day

Four years ago today my sister let me witness the birth of her second child. I had no idea what to really expect, but I was up for the experience. 

When i arrived at my sister's hospital room she was getting her second epidural (1st reason not to get pregnant). Then she asked me to keep an eye on her husband for signs that he might faint. He did just that at the birth of their first child and was rushed to the emergency room with a head injury (2nd reason not to get pregnant). Then her face contorted as the pain came quickly (3rd reason not to get pregnant). Then as I glanced back at her husband and then back at my sister, I saw one arm and tiny hand stretch out as if to announce "Here I am!". Then my heart swelled in my chest and no words could describe my instant love for this new child (Number one reason to get pregnant!-- don't worry, it won't be me).

 HAppy BiRTHDAy my little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment