Pages

28 August 2012

Write about the pets you have had and all your favorite memories with them ~Family History Tuesday~

Pepper
Hope
Jacques
Peter and Lulu

These are the only pet names I can even remember.  I know we had a lot more, but their names escape me.

Pepper was a beagle. I remember thinking that Snoopy looks nothing like a beagle. She/he was my first pet (I was probably 6 years old) and one day she was gone.  My mom said she had taken her to a farm to live where she could get better care than we were apparently giving her/him.


Hope was the offspring of our childhood friend's dog.  She was a labrador-cocker spaniel mix.  She was black with white paws and oh so cute!  Unfortunately she did not survive the fire that started in our home. We were all away at school and work when it happened. The smoke overcame her.

Jacques was a beautiful, large Husky.  He was given to my younger sister without my parent's permission.  We had him for some time, before we realized he was more than we could handle.  We ignored it for a long time, but finally had to give him up to our local animal shelter.

Peter and Lulu were our two ferrets.  My younger sister and I bought them at a pet store.  Peter was an albino ferret with the sweetest personality.  Lulu was more feisty and a sable ferret.  She was known to bite.  We loved them dearly, but disease ravaged their little bodies. Peter left us first, then Lulu.

And I haven't had any pets since.  Allergies and heartbreaking loss has kept me from having another pet friend, though I still have a great place in my heart for them.

{Family History Tuesday prompt at designzbydede}

No comments:

Post a Comment