Pages

24 July 2012

Describe your favorite season. Tell what kinds of things you like to do during that season. ~Family History Tuesday~

I'm a true summer baby. I was born in the summer. I could live my whole life in the summer, so why am I not living in Hawaii or something?

It's hard to understand people who say they love winter or even fall.  I want to be warm. I want sun. I want cool, summer thunderstorms. I want red, juicy watermelon on a hot day. I want ice cream dripping down my hand and ...I just need the beach!

My childhood summers consisted of a vacation at the beach. In just a few hours drive from home, we would descend into paradise.

Every morning we'd pack all our gear and head out. We'd stake our claim on an open, sandy spot by digging in our umbrella, laying out our towels, chairs and ice chest full of water, sandwiches and treats for the whole day. 

Being at the beach certainly reminds me of family. It was a time to relax. No work. No school. No normal life. We were together and that's what being at the beach truly reminds me of.

{found at countrymarketplaces.com}

{Family History Tuesday prompt found at designzbydede}

No comments:

Post a Comment