Pages

11 September 2012

Do you enjoy reading? How many books do you usually read in a year? Do you have a favorite genre and/ or series? ~Family History Tuesday~

You might as well ask me if I love breathing?
It's something that I do.
 It's something that just happens, naturally.
It is essential.
So reading is the same for me. 

My mother, unknowingly (I think), started our love for reading.
My father was a student at the University.
In order for him to have undisturbed studying time,
my mom gathered us 4 kids and
walked us down to the neighborhood Library.
Here we could stay occupied for hours
with kind librarians
and access to neverending books
with
their magnificent illustrations and tales.




Today if you ask any one of the four of us,
"Where is your favorite place?", I think "Library" will be the answer
 (probably after home).

Some of my favorite books are:

and I wrote about one of my all-time favorite books here.

I love to read biographies the most.
I'll browse through the non-fiction
 and always find something I'm interested in.
I'll read fiction here and there,
mainly if someone recommends a good one to me.

Right now I'm reading Girl in Translation.
I though it was a biography at first,
but then realized even though it isn't,
the author lived a life very similar to the main character.

and
I really don't know
how many books
I read in a year.
I pretty much read and read to know stuff
whether it be in a newspaper, magazine,
blog, website, etc. etc.




FYI:  One of us has a Master of Library Science degree; two of us have a career working in Libraries. The other two have worked in Libraries for a number of years.







{Family History Tuesday prompt is found at designzbydede}

No comments:

Post a Comment