Pages

25 September 2012

Do you remember your first date? ~Family History Tuesday~

I didn't realize it was a date.


He called me one afternoon and asked me if I had time that night to watch a movie because he had tickets to see CONTACT. When he showed up at my door that evening, I mentioned something like "Too bad your friend had to cancel at the last moment".  He just looked at me and said nothing.

Sitting in our seats at the theater, I suddenly started becoming uncomfortable. I was realizing that THIS WAS A DATE!! Why didn't he tell me?

Let me explain that my first date was with a former missionary from the lds mission where I served.  Five years after we first met, I ran into him again living in the same neighborhood!  Even more strange was that he had been assigned to be my home teacher. 

The date was fine. I never was the same around him again. Going on a date WAS AWKWARD!. That's probably why I avoided them for such a long time...(read here to find out at what age I went on my first date)



{Family History question found at designzbydede}

No comments:

Post a Comment