Pages

12 June 2012

Were you ever in a flood, tornado, snowstorm, earthquake or other natural disaster?~Family History Tuesday~


I can only remember one instance where I might have been in a natural disaster.

My family was visiting South America. We were all sittting under an overhang facing out into an open patio area, which was located in the center of a home.

kind of like this
{except this is Hotel Wiracocha Cusco}
I was sitting comfortably on a couch enjoying the company of my cousins, aunts and uncles when, out of the blue, everyone rushed out into the center of the patio. My family was the only one left sitting under the overhang. I sat there, confused as to what had caused everyone else to suddenly escape out into the open area. 


I had only felt a slight rumble under my feet, as if a heavy truck had just passed by --usually no cause for alarm. Though our extended family was very aware of the earthquake tremor they had just felt.

My first, and hopefully my last, earthquake and I didn't even know it!

{Find Family History Tuesday prompts at designzbydede}

No comments:

Post a Comment