Pages

06 November 2012

What one thing seems to make life hard for you? ~Family History Tuesday~

Quiet.

Yep, being a quiet, mild-mannered, behind-the scenes kind of person, I have found, can be uncomfortable for others.

Every so often there will be someone bold enough to tell me this.  I have no explanation for it. It is just the way I am.

There was a time in my life (i.e. High School) where this kind of personality was not to my liking. I wanted to be different.  I wanted to be like the others. My efforts to do so became so distasteful to me that I eventually stopped trying.  I went back to being me.

I have learned that being quiet can be misinterpreted as being stuck up --thinking you are better than others. Mild-mannered can be misconstrued as hiding something (think Superman except there's no hero here) and well, being behind-the-scenes will get you overlooked and unremembered every time.

There's a scene in the movie, PRINCESS DIARIES (the classic Ugly Duckling story), starring Anne Hathaway, between Anne's transformed character and the boy who always admired her from afar: 
(you only need to watch the first 17 seconds of this)






I always wanted to say that to my husband :)

(and that's why I always say it's a miracle I got married, for it truly is)



P.S. Find me on Facebook



{Family History Tuesday prompts are found at designzbydede every Tuesday}

No comments:

Post a Comment