Pages

20 November 2012

Did you ever pretend to be sick so that you could stay home from school? ~Family History Tuesday~


NO, but there was this one time that I refused to take our High School's Physical Education swimming class.

I am and have always been hyper-modest. I didn't want to be in a bathing suit around my classmates. I didn't tell my parents that, but told them that I didn't want to take the class.  They didn't question why.  I told them that I'd rather wake up in the wee hours of the morning and swim alone in the school's pool (which is what they required from me to pass the class), than appear in a school-issued swimsuit.

My father wrote a note to please excuse me from the class.  His reason was because I was sick.

The school accepted it and for two weeks my poor Dad took me at 5:00am every day to the pool, then brought me home to change and then took me back to school AND then he went to work.

What won't our parents do for us?


blancovintage.blogspot.com



{Family History Tuesday prompt can be found at designzbydede}

No comments:

Post a Comment