Pages

09 October 2012

Have you ever been hospitalized or had surgery? What were the circumstances? ~Family History Tuesday

I was very young. I would say about 4 years old.

I am lying down in a bed, fitted with white sheets. I do understand that my parents cannot be with me and I wonder what they are doing. I look into the faces and eyes of the doctors around me, but they all seemed preoccupied.

I wake up in a different bed. This time I am in a room, alone.  I can hear muffled voices and laughter.  I just lie there not knowing what to do.

After some time, a nurse lady comes in the door holding something in her hand.  She asks me to sit up and I obey.  Next, all I feel is pain, in my knee, from the needle she just poked in it.  Excruciating pain.

Next, I remember my parents at my side. My mom looks sad, but then happy as she wraps her arms around me.

Then my memory ends there.

I haven't had to stay in a hospital since.


{this is not me, just a photo from masterlife.com}



{Family History Tuesday prompts found at designzbydede}

No comments:

Post a Comment