Pages

23 October 2012

Did you walk to school? Ride a bike? Carpool? Ride the school bus? ~Family History Tuesday~

I walked to school with my sisters and brother during my Elementary School years. 

When I started 7th grade, one of my best friends, Helen, a year younger than me, arranged for me to walk with her older sister on my first day. We couldn't have been more different. The rest of the school year, I walked alone.

During my 8th grade school year, I started walking with a good friend from elementary school. Kim was in the 7th grade and after school we'd hang out at her home since both of her parents worked.  I always left before they came home. 

 At Kim's home, our after-school routine was to put the halves of a bagel, with a slice of American cheese on top, in the toaster oven and snack on that as we watched a TV show called FANTASY. Then Kim would show me the new clothes she had bought or the outfit she had put together or talk about the boy(s) she liked.  After about an hour or so, I walked the 3 blocks back home.

High School was where I started taking the school bus.  My one good friend who did have a car was heavily restricted from using the car for anything but getting to and from school. And so, as a senior I was still taking the bus!

River and Rainbow Phoenix, who I first saw perform on FANTASY


P.S. Come see me on facebook!

{Family History Tuesday prompts found at designzbydede}

No comments:

Post a Comment