Pages

09 April 2012

Blondie

Do you ever wake up with  song in your head? I do. just about every day.


This morning's song was Heart of Glass by Blondie.


I think I was about 9 or 10 years old when this song came out. I instantly loved it and had to have it.  

One day I was at SEARS with my parents. They said I could get one record. I think I must have jumped for joy! I knew exactly what I was going to get. I rifled through the large display of 45rpm records and found it enclosed in a royal blue paper cover.


I couldn't wait to get home so I could play it on our record player in the living room.


This was the first of many maNY MAny favorite songs to come!

     "Once I had love, and it was a gas, soon turned out
     Had a heart of glass.
     Seemed like the real thing, only to find,
     Mucho mistrust.
     Love's gone behind...."

What was your first favorite song?


No comments:

Post a Comment