Pages

24 April 2012

Do you remember any special stories your grandparents told you? ~Family History Tuesday~

Both sets of my grandparents lived in another country. 


My Mom's mother passed away before my mother was married and before any of us were born.  Her father passed away sometime in my childhood, but I never met him.


I met my Dad's parents when we traveled to the country where they lived.  I was only  four- years-old. I believe we stayed there for 2 months or so. At such a young age I don't remember if they ever told us any stories. I'm not even sure we could understand their language.

My only memory of my paternal grandfather is that I liked to rub his cheeks and feel the stubble on them.  I remember sitting on his lap and him smiling at me.  He didn't seem to be bothered by it at all.  Somehow this amused my 4-year-old self. 


My  memory of my paternal grandmother during that trip was kneeling down with her on the cement floor, in the open patio, as she scrubbed the clothes in a metal basin full of sudsy water.  I think I even dipped my hands in the water so that I could help her.

What stories  do you remember?

{Find Family History Tuesday prompts can be found at designzbydede}

No comments:

Post a Comment